Tuesday 6 September 2011

Vampires and Quinoa

That's pretty much what my weekend consisted of.

I got a new cookbook called Quinoa 365, and I am in love! I've been looking for healthy recipes so I can make a change in my eating habits, and quinoa is one of the healthiest things you can eat. Check out this page to see why - Why Quinoa? There are over 150 recipes in this book for all 3 meals, plus snacks and even baby food! I have made 4 quinoa recipes so far, and have many more bookmarks sticking out of the pages waiting for me. The recipes are easy to follow, and don't require lots of complicated or fancy ingredients. I feel so much better when I eat well. My body feels lighter and I feel happier knowing I am treating my body with the respect it deserves. Throw in a yoga session and it doesn't get much better than that!

And in last-to-jump-on-the-bandwagon news, I am hooked on Twilight! (I know, I know. I may be the last person on Earth who hasn't already chosen sides in the Team Edward/Team Jacob debate!)  I have read the first book, and spent a large chunk of the last 5 days devouring the second installment. I am "unconditionally and irrevocably in love" with this series. Two of my girlfriends have read all the books and have seen all the movies, and they have given me a deadline. I am to finish all four books before November, when the first part of Breaking Dawn comes to theatres. The way things are going, that won't be a problem ;)

It's small things like these that I am making a point to be grateful for. Small things that let you focus on the simpler things in life, and realize maybe life ain't so bad. It's when we forget those things that our everyday stresses get out of hand. So, while I'm cooking and reading this week, I'm also taking a moment to stop and smile. And relax.

Namaste, ERIN

No comments:

Post a Comment